Sister Love

Sister Love

Saturday, August 18, 2012

I found out I'm not a super hero!


This is what I've been doing all week. Monday I tore my ACL. HOW?!!!? you might ask. Well here's the story.
Ronnie and I celebrated our 15 year anniversary, August 16th is our date, but with this week being so busy and all the meet the teacher stuff, back to school bashes, and school starting we decided to take a romantic get-a-way trip the weekend before all the craziness started. We had a wonderful time at the Gaylord Texan resort in Grapevine. We parked our car that Thursday and didn't leave until Saturday afternoon. We ate, shopped, lounged by the pool. Friday we had a couples spa time, more pool time, more romantic dinners........you get the picture........BLISS! SO, Monday morning I was back to reality and in full speed mode for back to school, running and getting last minute things the girls needed. I had a LONG to-do list Monday morning. Around lunch time I was in my closet putting up clothes and I needed to put my big suitcase back up on my top self. I climbed up on my built-in dresser and was really stretching to reach the top shelf with that big suitcase. Reese came in my closet and said, " WOW mom you look like spiderman way up there!". Being the entertainer that I am ( you know life is a stage to me), I took on the roll. I made a few super hero sounds and movements, really trying to live up to the part, and to entertain my kid. Then, like a fearless 5 year old little boy, I leaped off the tall built-in dresser........only to hear a pop, and the pain paralyzed me. It really scared Reese. Ronnie had just gotten home for lunch and heard me screaming. He called his friend who is an orthopedic surgeon, and they got us right in. I had the MRI and it confirmed the ACL tear and deep bone bruise. It has made my life come to a full STOP. I can't walk, I can't hardly do anything. My man has been awesome. He's doing everything. It was really hard for me to miss all of the first day of school things. You know God tells us to give thanks in all things. I'm not sure why this happened, but I know that God loves me and knows what's best for me. I have the best friends and family! They have brought food and have run errands for me. I've had friends just stop by and sit with me and lift my spirits. I've had calls and text messages and that has made me smile. I'm blessed and I feel loved. I go back to the doctor Monday and find out more about healing and when rehab starts. He wants to wait and see after rehab if surgery is needed. Please pray I heal fast and no surgery is needed!

4 comments:

Liz said...

Oh man!!! Sorry to hear that you're hurt, but girl, you look so cute doing it! And that headboard is to die for!

Amy Cooper said...

Aw, Marla, just seeing this. I'm praying for you!!! It's no fun to be laid up with all of our mom duties lurking around!!!

Jessi -in love with her family of four said...

I am praying for your super hero booty to recover quickly.....:) I love you!

heartlandfamily said...

oh no! I hope you are feeling better!!!