Sister Love

Sister Love

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

R.I.P. Violet Star Germany

You might remember last year for Reese's bday she got a pet fish from Riley. She named her the most beautiful name she could think of......Violet Star. Reese was so proud of this pet, because it's the only kind of pet she's not allergic to!! By the grace of GOD, Violet lived a good life for about a year. Reese might have over fed her just a bit.....and mommy might not have changed her water that often......but needless to say when it's your "time" it's your "time"! Reese was very upset last week when Violet was acting FUNNY one morning before school. I assured her that I would keep an eye on her while she was at school. I noticed that she was very bloated and floating on the top of the water, moving just a little. This was a moment for me in parenting where I struggled with the RIGHT way of handling something for the well-being of my child. After all, here latley Reese has been having bad dreams about death ( since she saw me cry about Whitney Houston's death) and thinks that dead people are in her closet! She even watched a movie at school about Amelia Earhart's plane crashing and she woke me up in the night thinking Amelia Earhart was in her bathroom!!! SO, I went to petsmart. Meds at petsmart to help a bloated fish=$6.oo............new beta fish that looks like Violet=$2.00..............what was I to do????!!!!! After some prayer and a phone call to my mother...........I got the $2.00 fish and flushed Violet out of her misery! When Reese got home, she immediately went to check on "VIOLET"...........who was I kidding........she's a smart girl......Reese knew right away that wasn't Violet. Tears, explaining, and encouraging her to name this new beautiful fish took us about 2 hours. Being the biggest " THE VOICE" show fan, she found much comfort in naming the new beautiful fish " Raelynn". God answered our prayers for her to be "okay" with it all, and so far, no bad dreams about dead fish in her closet!!!!!

2 comments:

Jessi -in love with her family of four said...

That made me crack up and sad at the same time!!! Love yall

Unknown said...

Ditto what Jesse said!!!