Sister Love

Sister Love

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Congrats RILEY our 2012-2013 Golden Girl Dancer!!

Thursday Riley had try outs for the Tyler Golden Girl Drill Team. She was very nervous, and it turned out to be a bigger deal than we had anticipated! There were 52 girls auditioning for this team, lots of older girls with tons of dance experience. I have only seen moms act like they did on TV shows, some of them were crying, shaking, praying, holding their stomachs.......I'm telling you INTENSE!!! I sent out a text to my prayer warrior friends for Riley that morning. We got to the try outs at 4, and waited, and waited, and waited. At about 6:45, they handed all the girls an envelope, but they had to open it in their cars. If you got a ticket to Salsa Rita's you made Golden Girls...............Riley was one of a few upcoming 7th grade girls to be on this team. What an honor, she is beyond THRILLED!!!!!

3 comments:

heartlandfamily said...

That's awesome! Way to go Riley!!!

heartlandfamily said...

That's awesome! Way to go Riley!!!

Unknown said...

That's awesome! I'm so excited for her. I feel like a proud aunt! :)