Sister Love

Sister Love

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Letting go......

Riley met her forever sister best friend Mariah the first day of Kindergarten. These girls have been through everything together, always there for each other, true -sweet- friends. In December, Mariah's dad lost his job. We all grieved, and prayed. God answered our prayers quickly for him to find another job........ but that job was in Virginia. Tomorrow is the last day of 6th grade for Riley and Mariah. Mariah and her family will then leave and start their new life in Virginia. As I type this, I'm fighting the tears! This has been very hard on Riley. My heart breaks to see my daughter heart broken. All I know to do is pray that God sends Riley another really good friend. The girls have set up skype accounts and we hope to visit them when we can. The Todd family has been like "family" to us. I had lunch with Mariah's mom yesterday. We laughed, and cried. We have watched our little girls grow into beautiful young ladies. We have prayed for them, and encouraged each other over the last 7 years of this season in our lives of raising girls. I will miss them so much! Mariah and her sister Hannah got to spend the night last night with us ( on a "school" night), it was so fun!!! Riley and Mariah will soon be turning 13 years old. They are very emotional. Remember those years? I do. Growing up is hard. Letting a friend go is hard. We know that God has a very special plan for them in Virginia. Please pray for my Riley........her heart is sad.

4 comments:

Amy Cooper said...

Aww, Marla. This breaks my heart for her. When I was in 5th grade my best friend all through elementary moved to Abilene. Our last day of 5th grade was soooo emotional. To this day she and I still keep in touch and were in each others weddings. Hopefully that can encourage Riley!!!

Cindy and crew said...

What a sweet picture from Mrs. Luce's class! The girls look SO little! It IS really hard to see them go. We will be praying for Riley...lots of highs and lows lately for her! Take care, friend!

Liz said...

Oh girl! Been there, several times now. It is hardddddddd to let friends go!

Praying for comfort for your sweet girl!

Asha K. said...

I can't imagine. Ashton has a friend who lives right down the street that has been with him since 2nd grade. His dad got an Athletic Director position in another district. We SO looked forward to the boys playing middle school AND high school sports together. Ashton CRIED when Adrien told him the news. I will be praying for our 6th GRADERS!! When did we get old?? LOL Miss you guys!